For the cake:
- 175g. flour
- 150g. sugar
- 50g. cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp. baking powder
- 300ml. plant based milk (I opted for rice milk)
- 75.ml veggie oil
For the cream:
- 150g. good quality dark chocolate (I used 70% cocoa)
- 150g. coconut milk
- 30g. coconut oil
- agave syrup to the taste
- enough jam to cover the surface of the cake
- For the cream: Heat the coconut milk and coconut oil in a small sauce pan over medium heat. You don´t have to wait until it boils, it just should be hot enough to bring the chocolate chunks to melt. Add the chocolate and stir virtuously until no chunks are left. When the mixture is smooth and shiny, add agave syrup to the taste. Put it into the refrigerator for at least 3-4 hours or overnight.
- For the cake: Preheat the oven to 175C°. Add the dry ingredients: flour, cocoa powder and baking powder to a bowl and mix well until combined.
- Mix the milk with the sugar and oil and stir well until the sugar dissolves. Add to the bowl with the dry ingredients and whisk until no flour lumps are left.
- Transfer the cake batter to a round cake pan that you covered with parchment paper before and bake for about 25min.
- Let the cake cool off for about 10min. and cover the surface with a thin layer of jam.
- Put the chocolate cream into a piping bag and frost the cake with the cream using your favorite piping technique until no cream is left. Keep the cake in a dry and cool place.