- 1,5 cup green peas
- 200g. – 300g. buckwheat
- 1 medium sized Hokkaido pumpkin
- 3 cups coconut milk (if you wish a lighter sauce, you can replace half of the coconut milk with veg broth or water)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 garlic glove
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1-2 tbs. yellow curry paste
- 3 Tbsp. yeast flakes
- juice of 1 small lime (or lemon)
- 1 Tbsp. Italian herbs
- pinch of nutmeg
- salt, pepper to the taste
- Heat the oven to 250°C.
- Wash your pumpkin, slice in half, remove the seeds, place a sheet of baking paper on a baking plate, put your pumpkin on the plate and roast until bright orange and soft.
- While roasting the pumpkin, bring salted water in a medium sized pot to boil and cook your buckwheat according to the instructions on the package. About 15-20min. Drain and set aside.
- Now, heat few drops of oil in a small pan and fry your chopped onion until glossy & golden. Add minced garlic and fry for few more minutes. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- When your pumpkin is ready, put the whole pumpkin in your blender, add the coconut milk, fried onion & garlic and all the other spices & flavorings (soy sauce, yellow curry paste, yeast flakes, lime juice, Italian herbs, nutmeg, salt & pepper). Blend until smooth & creamy.
- Pour your sauce from the blender into a large pot. Add your peas and the buckwheat to the sauce and let simmer over a low heat for few minutes until the peas are bright green and the sauce creamy.